Monday, April 7, 2014

Welcome Sister Clark

Hey Hey everybody :)
Hope everyone is doing great at home, this week has been really great! We had transfers last Wednesday and my new companion is Sister Clark!! She is So great...probably will be one of my very favorite companions. She's from San Jose, California and is so much fun! I really feel like we're just like best friends, I think the hardest thing about our companionship is that we have a hard time getting out on time and getting to bed on time because we just keep talking and talking! ha I told her that she'll be added to the list of things me, Sister Miner and Sister Kalama will be doing when we get home :) So I'm way excited for this transfer...we've had tons of fun and I think we'll get lots of great work done.
As far as our investigators go, everyone is doing great! Sister Evelyn is working towards her bap. date of April 19, and then Sister Refina will be April 26. They're both still just really progressing and it's been so incredible teaching them because the spirit is so strong and you can just see the light changing in their faces! It's incredible to see what changes the gospel actually brings into people's lives, and I feel so blessed and lucky to be a part of it. Sadly we haven't really found any new investigators so besides them we don't have much news...that will be something we work on this week!
This week though the other sisters had a baptism for Sister Dionisio, the mom of my "boyfriend"! ha It was so great. Her husband was just baptized last transfer so he was able to baptize her and it was so great to watch. Then when she came back in they asked her favorite hymn to sing and she said Praise to the Man...when we all started singing the spirit was just SO strong. It was incredible to feel and know that I'm here doing this great work, and people are receiving the gospel all because of Joseph Smith. I really have strengthened my testimony here serving, I know that he saw God the Father and Jesus Christ and that through him the true church of Jesus Christ was restored..I'm so grateful. It was a really great experience.
The work really is going great though, we're busy all the time going to appointments and it's really a blessing because most my mission I've spent so much time every day just walking and walking not really knowing where to go..ha But we have lots of less-actives in this area and we've had some really great experiences just dropping by those that we haven't seen in awhile and sharing with them. We have one less active that has had tons of way hard challenges, and now she doesn't have money to go to church, but as we were sitting there sharing with her about putting our trust in God and staying true to the covenants that we have, the spirit was so strong-even with the karaoke Blasting outside at her neighbors. ha It's just so great to see that even when the world is noisy, the spirit can still speak louder if we're listening. I really feel so lucky to be serving here and learning so much. I feel like every week I just learn more and more and appreciate being her so much. I feel like the longer I'm here I just love my mission more..I can't believe that I'll be hitting ONE year here just this month! The time goes so fast. But I've been so blessed :)
Hope you all are doing great, thank you so much for all your support and love!! I love you all SO much!!!! Hopefully I'll have some funny stories for next week :)

LOVE,
Sister Benesch


PS Here is me and Sis Clark, and then a picture from the baptism..
Look who my boyfriend is looking at ;) haha

No comments:

Post a Comment