Friday, March 14, 2014

I hope that's chocolate :)

Hello Everybody!!
We actually had a really incredible week this week!! We seriously have some of the best investigators I've had my entire mission, I feel Sooo lucky and blessed to be teaching them. So first, we have Evelyn. Before she was having a hard time understanding the doctrine, but she was coming to church like every week, and it's now been almost 2 months. So we decided to just start teaching her atleast 3 times a week to get her prepared for March 22, trusting that she'd be able to understand because she's so ready, and honestly it's been incredible. As we just set the goal and a way to reach it and trusted Heavenly Father we've really seen her grow. It's been a huge testimony of  me to just believe in these people I'm teaching and truly want them to accept the gospel as soon as possible. She's incredible :)
Next, we have Jose!! His baptism will be this Saturday and I'm so excited!!! Sadly he won't be baptized here, but where he's from..it's ok though because his entire family is all members and so he'll be baptized there with them. The spirit is so strong in our lessons with him, you can see in his face that he'll do amazing things. Especially yesterday as we taught him about the Priesthood you could really see how prepared he is. It'll be an incredible blessing for his wife and three daughters to have him baptized and able to use his priesthood to bless them, and hopefully in one year they can go to the temple and be sealed! That'll also be the same time his daughter wants to serve a mission...there are sooo many blessings in store for that amazing family :)
And next, the Bangga family!! When I got here and we were teaching them there didn't seem to be much progress and I didn't know how much we'd teach them. The husband has been less active forever, and sister is an investigator...they're not married because she was married before and has 2 older children from that, but they just had a new baby together and honestly I think of her as a special angel from heaven sent here to help them into the gospel. The first time they came to church was yesterday because they wanted her blessed, and I could literally see the light in their faces change, and then throughout classes they were just so involved and loved all of it!! We were also able to go teach them last night, and sister's whole countenance has physically changed. We talked about the Restoration and Book of Mormon, and she was so curious about everything, and told us that she believes it. It is the most Amazing feeling to see that true light of Christ go into someone's face as they accept the gospel. I love their family so much, and I hope they'll continue to progress so that we can somehow find a way to get them married and then baptized...it'll be hard with all the legal complications but I know they're ready.
I really am so blessed to be in this area right now, I could see the potential it had when I came into it, and now we're literally witnessing miracles every single day as we watch people change and really become converted to the gospel!! I absolutely love the work here :)
Oh and probably the highlight story of the week!! We went to an investigators house to teach her, and although we'd texted and she knew we were coming she wasn't home...but her 2 friends were there and they were being taught by these Baptist preachers...however we didn't know that until we sat down. ha SO they said "Alright, let's start!" I was nervous because I didn't know what was starting...But I asked to say an opening prayer and they said it was ok, then the preachers began to teach about all of us having sin and having to overcome that to return to God and they taught that we do that by faith. So luckily it was a simple subject, and they used bible verses that really taught truth so it wasn't too bad, and then we asked to share a little bit and we shared in 2 Nephi 31, and I just read the verses about needing to have faith, repentance, baptism, the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end...and not just faith. So we kinda just built on what they said and it turned out ok...but Then the sister asked if we believed in a hell. ha So I explained about the 3 Kingdoms and they asked if we had any verses in the Bible, and luckily I knew 1 Corinthians 15 and so we showed them that. Afterwards they were quiet, they said a closing prayer and then left. But what happened after was incredible! We talked to the 2 girls who have been researching Tons of religions forever, and we were able to explain the differences of our church, and even talk about temples and families being sealed forever by God's authority...we had some great conversations and left them with a Book of Mormon and lds.org. They said they were really interested in the missionaries visiting (they don't live in our area) and so hopefully the missionaries will and they'll also progress! It was just a great experience to testify to me again that we truly have the fulness of the Gospel and there is only one true church.
I fell SO blessed to be out here, thank you so much for all your support! I got Tons of letters from family this week and that was incredible! Thank you all SO SO much!! How'd Robbie's surgery go? Is he doing ok?? Hope all is well! Love you all :) Never forget how blessed we are to be members of this church and to know the truth that we know...we're so so blessed.
Love,
Sister Benesch


PS I may have had a small accident with chocolate this week...haha I had to work all day like that :P

No comments:

Post a Comment