Sunday, February 16, 2014

Transferred

Hello there everybody!
Well it will be my LAST time writing you from San Mateo because I will be transferring!!! I'm actually very excited to be transferring...ha  it'll be a good change :) However I'm very nervous to be honest. My new companion is Sister Jenkins and I've only met her like twice in follow-up training.  But she's from Nevada so it'll be my first actual American companion! I'll see what nationality I like best since so far I have not had any companions with the same nationality..ha It's been fun.  The other day I read an incredible talk by President Eyrig called "Mountains to Climb" about him having a great experience praying for a trial to help him strengthen his faith...for some reason I thought that it'd be a good idea and a great opportunity for me to grow. Well Heavenly Father surely listens to our prayers :) ha But in my personal study this morning I reread my patriarchal blessing and I know that I have everything I need to overcome anything I face and do the work the Lord has in store for me, so I know I'll be fine and I really will just try to overcome anything that's hard for me and enjoy it :)
Sadly yesterday I had to say bye to Sister Mower...I cried. ha It was so sad!! But at least she just lives in Sandy so I'll for sure see her again :) And she left all her clothes for me so that was nice! Now I can move from the ones I've worn for 9 months straight and mix it up a little.. ha It's hard saying bye to friends as they go home, but I realize how blessed I am to be making such incredible friends here that will be friends for life. Speaking of friends, Sister Patrus's new companion is Sister Kalama!!! I am SO jealous. ha Like all my old companions are with her after me..we get so close to being together, yet so far. Maybe one day :)
This week we got a new investigator though! Her name is Mary Anne, she is a referral from a member and she's so great! Our first lesson with her she was a little nervous and held back, but as we went back to teach her she really opened up and is so nice. She seems SO prepared too! She asks so many questions that are answered immediately with the gospel, and she accepted a baptismal date! I think the thing that will be hard with her though is that she wants her whole family to be in the same religion and her husband won't listen to us...but I'm sure Sister Patrus and Sister Kalama will do a great job with that and I'll have plenty of new worries :) Oh I didn't even tell you where I'm going! ha My new area is in Valenzuela, Malanday. It's the area closest to Bulacan (province) that still has a temple day, so luckily I won't be going too far again for the temple! That's what really helps me get through the work.
Well that's pretty much all the news I have for this week, it was a little slow with teaching because we've been visiting a lot of members to get them involved in the work, and yesterday purely just going to people's houses to get pictures and say bye..ha I really am going to miss so many people here! Atleast we have Facebook for after the mission :) ha But thank you everyone for all your incredible support, I love you so much!! This mission would be impossible if I didn't have you there supporting me. I know that I'm supposed to be here serving the Lord because this is His true church. I've never been happier with any other decision I've made in my whole life :) I love you all!!
Love,
Sister Benesch


PS Pictures finally! ha This is me and Sister Mower (she graduated! haha) and then me and my VERY favorite family here in San Mateo :)
The Tripoli family is one that has truly changed my whole life...I love them so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment