Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Happy Birthday Mama!

Hello po family :)
How is everybody doing? I actually had a crazy week, it was temple pday (obviously since I'm emailing on Wednesday) so it was a long week for lots to happen!! Again I just wrote a list so it may be random but here's my great stories of the week...
We are teaching this Great investigator named Avelyn and she has a mom that is blind, she's hilarious to teach because she's so old! But while I was explaining about the Book of Mormon I let her hold it and afterwards she was just smiling and holding it SO tight to her, I couldn't even get it back to write a testimony in it for her! ha it was so adorable :) Avelyn actually will hopefully be getting baptized this transfer, so that's something to look forward to!! We also have Jose and Aubrey preparing for baptism, so our goal as a companionship is 3 baptisms this transfer because there hasn't been a baptism in this area in a YEAR! That is Crazy for being in the Philippines...so we've been working really hard to help the area progress, and seriously the progress has been incredible. I have definitely seen miracles happen :)
We also got to go on exchanges this week with the Sister Training Leaders and I had a blast! I was with Sister Jones who I didn't know before, but is like best friends with Sister Mower and so we had tons of fun! She really taught me a lot about just teaching according to the people's needs and helping them understand the message, and a lot too with learning Tagalog because I'm kind of starting to plateau.. ha So it was way fun.
Next, we have these Awesome investigators that I might have told you about, I don't remember? Nanay Inovero...she is bedridden but the most faithful woman I know. We had a hilarious experience though this last Friday with her! So it was weekly planning which is usually supposed to only be 2 to 3 hours, but last week was about 5 hours, so we finally left our house and went to Nanay Inovero, however the lady that'd been with her left when we got there and she can't be left alone, so we got trapped into staying with her for like 2 1/2 hours and missing our other appointments! But it was ok..ha We just read her out of the BOM since she can't see and then she'd ask questions, but sometimes we'd have to turn her when her body would start to hurt, and one time I was and literally ALL under her was just soaking wet because I guess her diaper didn't hold in all the pee...ahhhhh So then Sister Jenkins helped me and it was pretty nasty.....ha as soon as we were able to leave when her son got home (our really great investigator, Jemar) we went straight home, even though it was still a little early, to just wash ourselves and all our stuff!! I thought I was going to pass out from the smell. haha But even though it was gross, I really love her so much!! She told me the first time I met her that I was her family and she always just tells us how much she loves us and to never leave :) It'll be sad when one of us does at transfers...
Then the last crazy story was that also on Friday night we received a text saying "All foreign missionaries will meet tomorrow at 9:30 am at SM Fairview" (which is a big mall) and we were freaking out because we had No idea what was going on!! So we woke up early and went, and it turned out that for all our visas to be renewed we had to get these "mugshot" pictures where you can't smile or have jewelry or anything...so it wasn't as crazy and exciting as I thought it'd be, but I did get to see my Whole batch!!! It was soo great :)
So this week was pretty great, I learned a ton, and I'm still learning everyday to be patient and find love...ha I've learned that with all my companions..And then this morning the temple was INCREDIBLE even though I had to wake up at 3 to go..ha It was great :) Well I love you all so so so much!!!!!! Thanks for everything :) Happy Birthdy Mama!!! I can't believe it's already like March...soosooooo fast!! Love you :)
Love,
Sister Benesch


PS Here is me and Sister Jenkins, and then my BATCH!!!
OH Elder Liu says Happy Birthday mama :) haha I've missed that kid!!

No comments:

Post a Comment