Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pakistani Food

Hello there family, hope you are all doing well!! This week was interesting.. I got my new companion! Her name is Sister Patrus, she is from Pakistan, and although she is very nice there is a HUGE communication barrier. ha It's pretty hard, but atleast she's nice so we try and work through it :) Also Sister Criste's new companion is from Pakistan so we now have 2 Pakistanis in the house and there is Pakistani food for lunch every day! It's actually pretty good, I like spicy food more than I used to, however I will have to find some things to make my own lunch most the time now..
So sadly I don't have too many interesting stories, this week was pretty boring as far as the work goes. Now that the holidays are over we have way more working hours and have to fill lots more time so it's been a little bit long because a lot of people are still on vacation, so we're just spending a lot of our time street contacting and finding new investigators! No luck yet but I actually really like talking to people so it's not too bad. We don't really have progressing investigators but I have lots of friends wherever we go :) ha Actually we do have one investigator progressing!! Her name is Susan and she's the friend of Sister Pinky (my Favorite member here!) and she came to our ward Christmas party, then we taught her only twice and she came to all of church! She's so nice and humble, and she has these Adorable little girls that I love! I wish I had gotten a picture but I forgot..maybe this week! So I'm really excited about her and she really wants to be baptized, so hopefully this transfer! The only sad thing is that her husband gets home from work really late at night and we can't teach then, so we're trying to figure out how to teach him so that we can baptize them as a family...I'm trying to get my creative juices flowing! So I am really excited about her, and there are 10 more with baptism dates, so we have a lot of potential progressing investigators, they just won't come to church..that's the very hardest thing to get people to do here..so that's hard but like everything else we're working on it :)
Hopefully I get some more stories for next week, but I'm doing great and I love you all so so much!! Thank you for all of your support! Ingat kayo doon.
LOVE,

Sister Benesch

No comments:

Post a Comment