Monday, September 16, 2013

Sometimes you just have to giggle

Bestest family ever:) Hello! How are you all??
Well this week was pretty good, lots of adventures as usual! I guess I'll get my dreaded story out of the way first...ha Singing at Mission Tour. Well Mission Tour itself was so great, I learned so much! Elder Echo Hawk and his wife had some really great talks, I loved it!! And then our zone got up for the musical number and me and Sis Tupa'i began to sing...well. I was SO SO nervous I thought my heart would explode out of me, and literally my voice would NOT come out...it was like a squeeking sound! hahaha Embarrassing. Luckily I just had to let out a little giggle and then after just one line I got it together and it was actually really pretty, but that first line was a total failure!! I'm proud of myself though :)

Then another hilarious story...we were teaching a recent convert this week, an old man that I can't understand Anything he says..but he has a lot of pets, and I got a hilarious picture of his kitten nursing on his dog!! I didn't know that was really possible ha but it was hilarious. It's a very strange picture.
This week we walked a LOT and had more appointments than usual fall through, I think one day we literally walked for 5 hours straight.. And I wish I'd taken a picture to send, but my shoes have holes in the bottom of them and literally my toes and heels are just touching the ground as I walk :P I will be buying new ones today for sure!  But it's really been a lot of fun, and me and Sister Tupa'i make it fun with lots of pictures :)
I also got to speak in church again yesterday. My topic was the restored church so it was pretty easy. I spoke with another Elder though and it was funny because it was like we were a married couple introducing ourselves into the ward or something..ha But actually I'm finding it way easy to speak now and give talks from all the teaching, so that's a blessing! But over all it was a good week, not many cool stories because sadly we have like 0 progressing investigators still but we're working hard trying to find one!

I love you all SO much, thank you for all your support and everything you do for me! I found a new favorite quote this week...It's "Our discipleship will be developed and proven not by the type of trials we're faced with, but how we endure them." I really like it because I think that's the biggest thing I've learned here on my mission. Everything about your life depends on your attitude and your responses  to the things you face. Hope you all have a great week! :)
Love you,

Sister Benesch

No comments:

Post a Comment